Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Yogurt Pancakes


The family was out all weekend for my birthday and Mother's Day so we didn't eat up our yogurt. Since I now make my own yogurt, it only lasts about 10 days and I didn't want to waste any. I looked online and found a recipe for yogurt pancakes.

Of course I had to healthy up this recipe. I used whole wheat flour, honey instead of sugar, Earth's Balance instead of butter, plain homemade yogurt, and added 3 Tbls of ground flax seeds. I also used a full tsp of vanilla and added a little cinnamon.

OK, so these pancakes were not easy to cook at all. They stuck to the pan no matter what I used, and they burned easily, but they were delicious!!! My husabnd actually said they were the best pancakes he's ever had. They were not pretty as you can see from the pictures, but don't let that stop you!

Right now my son Dylan is eating the left overs that I warmed in the toaster oven. Next time I might try cutting the recipe in half. The full recipe made about 10 pancakes.

3 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to make these! I'll use coconut oil instead of the butter and I may double the recipe to freeze the rest! Oh, by the way, did I tell you I have a bottle of homemade vanilla extracting away in the cupboard!!!
    What is Earth's Balance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.earthbalancenatural.com/
    It is so good but expensive. I only buy it when it is on sale.

    I don't use coconut oil too much. I put it in my shakes but I just never used it to bake. Have you baked with it a lot?

    I go through vanilla so fast and it is so expensive. Where is the recipe?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. make these this morning..they rocked!

    ReplyDelete