Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pizza Again


Could my blog actually have only 3 posts and 2 of them be about pizza? Well in an attempt to improve on my previous pizza crust recipe, I have made these changes.

Here you go again!

1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup oat flour
1/4 cup spelt flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 package fast rising yeast
3 Tbs ground flax seeds
3 tsp honey
3 tsp olive oil
3/4 to 1 cup warm water

Mix dry ingredients. Add olive oil and honey to very warm water and stir until honey is dissolved. Add water mixture to dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until it forms a ball. Knead on lightly floured surface for about 2-4 mins. Cover and set in a warm place until double in size about 20-30 mins. Roll out on floured surface and shape into pizza crust and add toppings. Bake for approx 15 mins at 425.

I am continually trying to add more whole grains to this recipe and so far it always comes out great. You do not need all these different flours. If you only have whole wheat flour, just use 3/4 cup instead of the spelt and oat. If you can't find whole wheat pastry flour you can use unbleached all purpose flour instead. I buy Bob's Red Mill flours http://www.bobsredmill.com/. They are the best!! I have found them cheapest at Wegmans but you can find them at most health food stores.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to make this! I have the whole wheat and the flax, so I may try it with just that. I've got to find the pastry flour, because I really don't want to use the all purpose. I'm working on a sourdough starter so in a few weeks I'll experiment with that instead of the yeast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete